You can find around the island of Jamaica money cashing machines (ATM machines)
- You can find around the island of Jamaica money cashing machines (ATM machines)
- Most accepted bank cards are:
- American Express
- and local cards
- The nearest cashing machines are:
- Port Antonio: Nova Scotia, RBTT, CIB, banks.
- Morant Bay : Nova Scotia or NCB bank.
- Golden Groove (20 minutes drive from Zion Country).
- We don’t accept Credit Cards.
- There is NO possibility to do online payments in Zion Country.
- Zion Country offers WiFi for free to it’s guests.
Jamaica is a relatively safe country for tourists. The crime is there, but most of it is in Kingston. We do not advise you to go alone into Kingston. If you want to make a visit to Kingston take a loo at the trips we offer
If you plan to rent a car, the best way is to do so in your home country. This will be easier and cheaper and you will be assured of your reserved transportation at the airport in Jamaica.
If you want to rent a car after you arrive in Jamaica, Zion Country recommends: Island Car Rental situated at Kingston Airport, phone # (876) 924-8075/8389 or Montego Bay Airport, phone # (876) 952-7225/5771. You can reach them by email at email@example.com
- By renting a car there is not always a tire repair set included.
- You will find gas stations around the island almost every 20 miles.
- Be careful in carrying strangers with luggage with you. Some people use this way to smuggle illegal items.
- Bus Express between Montego Bay and New Kingston and Visa Versa
- Monday-Sunday there is an express service leaving New Kingston to Montego Bay at 6 am and 4:30 pm terminal 24 Hanning Road, Kingston 5, telephone 876-960 5499.
- Monday-Sunday there is an express service leaving Montego Bay to New Kingston at 5 am and 4:30 pm terminal Marine Drive, Montego Bay, telephone 876 971 1822
- 24 hour advance purchase required. For more information and reservations, call 1 888 462 2822
Traveling from Kingston Norman Manley Airport to Zion Country:
Drive from the Airport to the round about in Harbor View (ten minutes drive), take the round about 3/4 around and follow the direction to Bull Bay (Coastal Main Road A-4). Then through Yallas toward Morant Bay, from Morant Bay to Golden Grove, from there to Long Road where Zion Country is situated. Drive through Long Road community and watch for the sign where you turn off to the right.
Total driving time 2 hours.
Traveling from Montego Bay Sangster Airport to Zion Country:
Drive from the Airport to the round about (3 minutes drive), go around one quarter and drive direction Falmouth (Coastal Main Road A-1), from there to St. Ann’s Bay, from there A-3 towards Port Maria, then to Buff Bay, and from there it becomes A-4 towards Port Antonio. Continue toward Long Bay, Manchioneal, and finally Long Road. Upon entering the community watch for the sign on the left showing you the road to Zion Country.
Total driving time 4 and 1/2 hours.
There is a good High Way from Negril in the West towards Port Antonio in the east, traveling over Montego bay & Ocho Rios.